Thursday, March 19, 2015

Northern Lights Aurora Borealis | Travel Thursday

Image from stuffpoint.com
I have always been fascinated with Aurora Borealis and have always wanted to see and experience it.

Aurora Borealis also known as the Northern Lights occur due to a strong geomagnetic storm that hit the Earth's surface causing a natural light display. This phenomenon mainly occurs in the northern hemisphere hence the name "Northern Lights". So if I wanted to witness this marvel, it means that I would have to go to countries such as Norway, Finland and alike.

Yesterday morning, I heard from the BBC news that Aurora Borealis was visible in Scotland, some parts of UK, including the Westen Isles, and Cumbria yesterday. Wow, this could only mean that I don't have to go far to witness this at last. I really hope that one day, I will finally be able to observe such wonder.

I have scoured the web for videos of Aurora Borealis to share with you today. Join me as I enjoy such natural beauty.






Have you experienced the Northern Lights? How do you feel about the subject? Let us know.

Lots of love,

Jo xoxo

Join me on FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN | PINTEREST | TWITTER | GOOGLE+

18 comments:

  1. Hey Jo and thanks for sharing the great videos! I'm fascinated as well because I just can't believe how beautiful it is! I haven't experienced them first-hand, but images make you feel as though you're right there.

    It's almost Friday girly!

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them Brenda, I also really would love to see them first-hand as well.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe it was visible in the UK yesterday! If I knew I think I definitely would've driven anywhere to see it!
    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are lucky you could see it there. I only heard it from the BBC news Alice only after it already happened.

      Delete
  3. You've put it perfectly, 'natural beauty' - this is also high on my travel wish list! I had no idea that some parts of it were visible in the UK yesterday, what a pity I hadn't read this before.. although I probably couldn't have driven all that way in such short time anyway!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Gabrielle, it would really be cool to experience it.

      Delete
  4. Unfortunately, I haven't experienced the Northern Lights myself yet but I really hope that I will get the chance to do so one day!
    It's such an incredibly beautiful spectacle of nature ♥

    http://la-fille-lumineuse.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful it sure is! Thanks for sharing with us Jo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I'm glad you liked it. xxx

      Delete
  6. I really want to see the Northern Lights in person. That would be such a beautiful experience. It's amazing to know things like this actually exist. Always leaves me in awe.

    Abigail | Cheers to Now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our world is so full of beautiful wonders!

      Delete
  7. Hi Jo! I'd like to see the Northern Lights too, I think that it would be great experience, because it has to look magical and beautiful! And btw, I hope that your dream will come true and you'll be able to see this magic in person one day :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice and lovely.Thanks for visiting and for your comments.Please follow my blog.
    http://findshopping.blogspot.in/2015/02/usa-shopping-websites-list.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Say Cheesy Cake Blog and leaving your thoughts. I really appreciate your time and interaction. Please tick "Notify Me" or check back later for my reply.

I would love to visit your blog as well so leave your address and let's connect.

You will also find me on Bloglovin, Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. Let's get connected!

Lots of love, Jo xoxo

Thank you for visiting Say Cheesy Cake Blog and leaving your thoughts. I really appreciate your time and interaction. I would love to visit your blog as well so leave your address and let's connect.

You will also find me on Bloglovin, Google+, Twitter, and Pinterest. Let's get connected!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...